About the Artist

My photo
I just love crafting, the messier the better. Have been crafting all my days but in the last 16 years have been doing more and more. My obsession began with making cards and from there I have tried many different forms of crafting. Great fan of Tim_Holtz love all his products would love to own them all one day. Graphic 45 is another must have for me and again would love to have it all. And then there is Prima well what can a girl say, just simply stunningly beautiful. Really enjoying the vintage, shabby chic and steampunk styles which are very much in vogue at the minute. Love Lace and Pearl trim, you might be seeing a fair bit of it all on here. xx Please keep calling past and enjoy my crafting journey with me. Great Big Huge Hugs Becca xxx

Pages

Saturday 8 September 2012

Craftymess Challenge #17

Vintage Paris

Wow is it really a fortnight since the last challenge over at Craftymess Challenge Blog?  Just seems like 'Animals with a Blue Theme' went live yesterday, ah well I suppose this last 2 weeks really have flown by.  Not to worry just means that our family holiday to US is getting ever closer 4 weeks yesterday, we can hardly wait!

Anyway thought I would blog today and tell you about the new Challenge over at Craftymess - 'Vintage Paris'  I loved this theme and really like the whole Vintage, Paris, Shabby Chic look.  Here is my DT entry for this one


This altered canvas is a 5"x7" painted in a shabby pink and sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist in Egyptian Blue and Raspberry to create a shimmery background.  I then cut out an Eiffel Tower shape from an old cereal box and coated it in Sand Texture Gel, painted with Burnt Umber acrylic paint and once dried rubbed with Inca Gold in Gold and Copper.  Added some lace, ric rac trim and pearl beads.  Top of canvas has 2 layers of lace, brown and cream and pearl bead trim.  The tag is from Crafty-Emblies, painted in a coffee mix acrylic paint, Tim Holtz Mixed Mini Grungeboard letters for 'Paris' attached with Glossy Accents and then rubbed with Inca Gold again, aswell as the tag being edged also.  Coloured the Sassy Studio 'Little France Honey' with colouring pencils mounted on cardboard and sealed with Mod Podge.  Handmade Marianne Creatables paper flowers in cream and gold pearlescent paper with pearl centres and other paper flowers from my stash added to decorate along with a feather and a Handmade ribbon flower gifted to me in a RAK.


Our sponsor for this challenge is Sassy Studios  http://sassystudiodesigns.blogspot.co.uk/
They are offering our winner a a choice of 4 Digi images.

Sassy Studio Designs is a fresh new company. We have been designing and selling for 2 years now, and we have been kindly received into the community of digi stampers and crafters. I started designing images shortly after I started stamping, reason being...I didn't hardly like anything else out there I was a young adult woman at the time I was engaged, had no kids, I wanted fun sexy images that I would enjoy using and my friends and hubby would enjoy receiving. I designed images for 2 other digi stamp companies when my wonderful hubby kept trying to get me to go out on my own. So in June 2009 thanks to the few faithful followers I had, Sassy Studio Designs was born!  It has been a wonderful journey starting my own store. We have just grown so much these past months.I still try to keep
Lindsay Dyer: keep with my original philosophy and reason for designing stamps, make them fun and keep them sassy...and yes sometimes even sexy!
Lindsay





Thank you all so much for stopping past and I hope to see your entries over at Craftymess Challenge Blog.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx

2 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

A stunning Dt make...I fell in love with it.Love how you have used a canvass. It's just so gorgeous.

Hugs Sandie xx

Anonymous said...

Love this so girlie, great embellishments. xx